The trick to a successful e-commerce site is making transactions easy and enjoyable for customers.
If you design a gorgeous website, use search engine optimization to generate steady traffic, and add a shopping cart and store, your online sales will manage themselves, right?
Well, despite the plethora of easy-to-use web tools available for running a business online, it turns out you’ve got to keep a close eye on your e-commerce game. If sales are flat or declining, don’t just question the quality of your product offerings and pricing.
Consider something more basic: Your website might be turning away customers.
Posts Tagged ‘wordpress seo’
If you have a WordPress site you can easily have a mobile version too for iphones without knowing a lick of codeFriday, July 23rd, 2010
WordPress is by far the best CMS in my opinion for small business.
No other CMS helps with marketing, optimizing, and reaching out to the masses with as much ease. You don’t need to know anything technical or how to write HTML – you just need to know how to use a word processor and you’re up and running with an SEO CMS that is packaged and ready to go.
One plugin to WordPress I truly appreciate is the WordPress Mobile Pack.
I comes with:
- A mobile switcher which automatically suggests desktop or mobile presentation, but lets users switch to the other if required (and remembers their choice).
- A standard mobile theme, crafted by ribot, a top UK mobile design team.
- A set of advanced themes for Nokia and WebKit devices, designed by Forum Nokia. These also look beautiful on Android, iPhone and Palm devices.
- Custom color variations demonstrating how the themes can be easily tinted with CSS
- Standards adherence, ensuring that mark-up is valid XHTML-MP 1 and the site scores 5 on mobiReady.
- Device adaptation, including the rescaling of images, intelligent splitting of articles and posts into multiple pages, the simplifaction styles, and the removal of non-supported media.
- A mobile admin panel, that allows the blog managers to access the admin interface via a mobile device, with simplified access to the most common features such as editing a post or approving comments.
- And more!
More and more people are using the iPhones, Androids, and Blackberrys to do research online. A lot of businesses have ignored this market of researchers – WordPress allows you to target them without having to redo your entire site!